Fireplace DIY Project
Here is my latest DIY project…It only took me 6 years to decide what in the world I wanted to do, not that there were many options, but I think it was more procrastination than anything else. I had to rip off the existing tile it addition to taking down the drywall. I decided on a natural stone and glass mosaic blend. The mini tiles came on a 12×12 mesh backing. Once the drywall repairs were complete I used an adhesive paper made for decorative finishes instead of using thin set to adhere the tile to the wall. Ha!…no mess! Once the tiles were set I used a non-sanded grout and then finished off the edges with grout caulk that matched. Ta-dah! All of this only took me 1.5 days to complete.