Happy Valentine’s Day!! It is good to be back…I have been out of town this last week hence the reason for the lack of posts. My dad suffered a stroke so I spent my time in the ICU with him. I am home now and so thrilled to say he is doing great! So, today I am sending lots of LOVE to him in hopes of a speedy recovery!
Well…it is back to work for me…and in case you never peeked at my “Sweet Tweet” Collection…here it is!! My sweet and talented friend Nancy from A to Zebra Celebrations and I collaborated on this party that would be great for Valentine’s Day or a darling baby shower. We managed to pull this off for LESS than $100.00.
How did we do this? Thanks for asking…here are some tips
1. Borrow cake stands, platters, dishes, jars – ask around…between Nancy and I we had enough of these items to pull together to complete the table.
2. Visit the Dollar Store – our local Dollar Store had some great seasonal items that could be incorporated into the party that were just the right colors.
3. Treats – You don’t need to splurge on all of the treats…homemade it your most budget friendly option, but it is great to have one fabulous item, whether it is the cake, cookies, or cupcakes…that items(s) can take center stage.
4. Make the party a playdate – for some of the secondary holidays…turn your party into a playdate. Keep it small by limiting it to a few kids. Provide the main food and drinks and have other mom bake a treat to bring and share.
5. Coupons – This is a must!! Joann’s, Michaels, and Hobby Lobby always have coupons…strategize how to use them for that higher priced you have been eyeing up.
6. Get crafty – try to make as much of the decor as possible by being creative with party printables
These are some super simple tips to help minimize the moola you spend all while throwing a super sweet soiree!!
Happy Valentine’s Day Chickies!!! x0x0 ~ rebecca
Party Styling: Fresh Chick & A to Zebra
Photos: Adrian of Canyon Photography
Party Printables: Fresh Chick Design Studio
Table Runner & Backdrop: A To Zebra Celebrations
LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED sign: Our Hobby To Your Home
Girl’s Shirts: Abbie’s Creations
Valentine’s Skirts: Zyggy Tails
Read Full Post »