I get design questions from time to time…and I though it would be fun to start sharing those q & a’s with all of you!! I was recently asked about coffee table options. Here is my solution…the ottoman! This little nifty piece of furniture is super functional…here is why substituting an ottoman for a coffee table is awesome!!
1. No sharp corners – a great way to add a kid-friendly piece of furniture to your living space
2. Need extra storage – opting for a storage ottoman gives you extra storage to stash extra blankets, toys, magazines, etc…
3. Break it up – try using 4 cube ottomans to create one, this gives you various options…a foot rest for many guests, extra seating if needed?
4. Dress it up – slipcovers are a great way to either protect your upholstered ottoman or change the look entirely. Plus, most slipcovers are washable!!
5. Paint optional – living in an apartment or rental? Having an upholstered ottoman is another way to bring color, pattern, or texture into your living space.
Pictured below are a few ottomans is various styles and price points…skirted, footed, casters, storage, etc…I love any furniture piece that can serve more than one purpose. An ottoman offers that solution, not only is it multifunctional…it’s stylish!